Thought we better share this recipe for those of you not on Instagram following https://instagram.com/crossfitbondi/.
Lynchy did a little bit of recipe testing yesterday afternoon. The end goal was a caramel-y, choc-chip batch of bliss balls sweetened ONLY with 1 ripe banana.They turned out exactly as planned.
Banana Choc Chip Bliss Balls
– 1 jar cashew butter – I used Melrose 250g. You could sub for almond or peanut.
– 1 large ripe banana.
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil.
– 3/4 cup almond meal.
– 1/2 cup oats – or sub for almond meal.
– 1 Teaspoon vanilla powder.
– 1 Teaspoon mesquite – optional but gives a caramel flavour and contains good levels of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc.
– 1/4 cup cacao nibs.
Mix everything except the cacao nibs together until well combined either with some serious elbow grease or a food processor. Then add cacao nibs and mix through. Roll into balls and roll in sesame seeds if you wish. The mixture will be soft so either work quickly or refrigerate for 15mins before rolling. That’s what you get for using nut butter and coconut oil to bind things instead of dates. This batch made 26 balls.