Friday, August 31, 2012
Saturday 1st September 2012
Winter is over and spring is here, so the hibernation period is over and time to start ramping things up and thus why we are tackling the Bear Complex today. Time to get your grizzly on.
"The Bear Complex"
7 sets of the sequence:
1 Power clean
1 Front squat
1 Push press
1 Back squat
1 Push press
5 rounds to get your max load
Rest between rounds as needed
Compare to 02052012 & 01032010
There are many versions of bear. This applies for max load in the final round
There are several rules main one being there is no resting on the ground (even to re-grip),
Break up or combine movements in any way, so long at the following are met:
* The clean starts at the ground and finishes standing at the full hip extension.
* The squats have to go below parallel and presses finish locked out over head.
* Jerking is acceptable as are squat cleans, dead lifting, and hang cleaning.
* The squats and push presses can be distinct or combined into thrusters (front and over head)
* But you can't receive the clean in a squat, and then go directly to the thruster
* Finally, there is no time component: rest anywhere, anytime except on the ground (and don't let go of the bar)
DO 7 SETS OF THE SEQUENCE PER ROUND, 5 ROUNDS AT MAX LOAD....GOOD LUCK!!
Post loads to comments